It’s only been like 2 months since I’ve written for the blog, but it FEELS like an eternity. My personal musings and updates are further down, but let’s start off with my projects and games:
The PDF is available here! And the print copies will be coming in the next month or so.
The zine is amazing, y’all. We have almost 20 hand-crafted weapons with cool powers locked behind flavorful regrets. The writers did an INCREDIBLE job.
I have more exciting plans for the generator as well. I want to add more goals, more weapon variety, and maybe even some non-weapon stuff as well.
I hope to have something cool to show for the PDF soon. Tempered Legacy was a much…simpler project? And Joe is really putting in the work to make Marsh Goons shine.
Trust me, it will be worth the wait!
Ripe continues apace. I paused development to finish up Tempered Legacy, but I hope to have some cool updates in the next month or so.
One thing I’m really focusing on is the MEAT of the game. Now that the rules are in a good place I want to make sure there is enough content and cool stuff to enjoy. Rules for managing the Keep, generating harvesters, going on missions, and the culture/life of an Elder.
I have suspended my Patreon. The last 2 months I just haven’t felt like doing layout and have begun to dread the monthly patreon work. That’s no good for me, or anyone who would support me.
You can still grab all my previous patreon releases for free here!
I talked about this before.. Lowcountry Crawl 2 is still on hold. Johnny and I don’t feel comfortable moving forward on this until we get some southern black writers to lead a second issue.
If that’s you, or you know someone who might be interested, please reach out to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Website and Generator Updates
I think more online tools and generators will be my focus for the next few months. Between my patreon and Tempered Legacy I’m burned out on layout. Gonna shift my focus to programming.
The incredible website theme I use is getting an update soon that I want to use an excuse to simplify and expand. Better marketing, better pitches, etc.
I’m also slated to make a shinier Stygian Library generator that I’m VERY excited about!
This quarantine has been really rough on me, y’all. I’m an outgoing person with a passion for creating community and playing games.
Kinda hard to do that during a worldwide pandemic. Especially when you live in a country that confuses “freedom” for petty selfishness. So I’ve been spending a lot of time listening, learning, and hopefully growing.
In addition to the projects I listed above:
- Connecting online, running more online games, redeeming social media
- I’m slowly learning how to longboard, which my dog is a HUGE fan of. I’ve taken a few spills, but overall I’m having fun!
- Working more on my UVG Troika hack, hoping to start a game with that soon.
- More planned blog posts!
- Supporting Black Lives Matter however I can.
The Black Lives Matter movement in particular has been really motivating and inspirational to me. I’m reluctant to make any bombastic statements (if you want to hear about my revelations and thoughts just reach out).
But I will say:
Black Lives Matter. Say their Names:
- Eric Garner had just broken up a fight, according to witness testimony.
- Ezell Ford was walking in his neighborhood.
- Michelle Cusseaux was changing the lock on her home’s door when police arrived to take her to a mental health facility.
- Tanisha Anderson was having a bad mental health episode, and her brother called 911.
- Tamir Rice was playing in a park.
- Natasha McKenna was having a schizophrenic episode when she was tazed in Fairfax, Va.
- Walter Scott was going to an auto-parts store.
- Bettie Jones answered the door to let Chicago police officers in to help her upstairs - neighbor, who had called 911 to resolve a domestic dispute.
- Philando Castile was driving home from dinner with his girlfriend.
- Botham Jean was eating ice cream in his living room in Dallas.
- Atatiana Jefferson was babysitting her nephew at home in Fort Worth, Texas.
- Eric Reason was pulling into a parking spot at a local chicken and fish shop.
- Dominique Clayton was sleeping in her bed.
- Breonna Taylor was also asleep in her bed.
- And George Floyd was at the grocery store.
2020 has been a difficult year so far, but the RPG community continues to be a bright spot in a crazy world. Thank you all so much for your support and I can’t wait to share with you some of the projects coming down the pipe.
Stay Safe. Play Games.
Cover photo by Drew Hays on Unsplash