I’m like that co-worker who drives an old junker. When you ask them, “How do you keep that thing running?”, the advice you get will be useful…but probably no replacement for hiring a real mechanic.
Joe is the real deal! I got the chance to interview him about how he incorporates CC artwork into his adventures. We got a really cool peek at his workflow, and his advice is useful for anyone getting started with design.
- 01:00 Why do we even need artwork?
- 04:32 What if I can’t afford good art?
- 07:48 An overview of Joe’s layout.
- 13:23 Where do you start?
- 15:44 Follow along with Joe’s process.
36:24 Encouragement for new designers.
- Support Joe Banner’s work at his Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/jbinc
- Watch his regular Twitch streams: https://www.twitch.tv/jabeannel
- Grab some of his work at DrivethruRPG: http://www.drivethrurpg.com/browse/pub/5617/Joe-Banner
You can find more stuff from me at https://technicalgrimoire.com/
P.S. Post in the comments if you find any other useful resources; I’m always looking to learn more!
Header image Photo by Gyorgy Bakos on Unsplash
More Jalopy Design articles: