Bridgetown is a pastoral liminal RPG setting of a never-ending, ever-crumbling bridge. Built for Troika, usable anywhere. 100 pages, black and white interior, A5 digest hardcover.
“We took breaks only to stare at Hieronymus Bosch paintings, eat goat cheese, and listen to hurdy gurdy music.” - the writers of Bridgetown.
Coming to Kickstarter in April 2023!
Join the newsletter at the bottom of this page for updates.
Click to view.
Designs are not final!
The Book Features:
- 12 Backgrounds. Play as a Goat-folk pilgrim, bug-sized Coblin swarms, or a pile of haunted rocks.
- 12 locations. Cramped cities, mossy spans, crumbling gaps.
- 8 Gatehouses. These fortresses demand tolls, harass travelers, and hinder your journey.
- Stone Soup campaign starter adventure. Gain an overpowered magic item and experiment with dangerous recipes as you explore the Bridge for rare ingredients.
- Random Tables: 6 Weird Birds, 36 Weather Events, and 12 Fell Off the Bridge results.
- Provisions-based economy. Food is money! Water is gold! You are poor and starving!
- Keystone Spells, troll-croak magic,and all the Troika charm you’ve come to expect.
What Makes Bridgetown Different?
A Talky Storybook Setting. More than a simple roadway, many folks live their entire lives wandering the Bridge. Goat-legged Gruffolk, tiny Coblin huddles, magical stone masons, and haunted rock golems give the Bridge a mythical storybook vibe. Or maybe that’s just the Troll stench.
Pastoral Crumbling Cities. Tight spaces, towering buildings, hazardous walkways, and lively characters fill the Bridge near to bursting. Land–and everything that goes in or on it–is at a premium on the Bridge. Rooftop gardens eke out food, protected groves offer precious timber, and if you want the luxury of metal you have to rip up the bones of the Bridge itself to get some. The law of the land is barter and trade, and folk sell things dearly.
Infinite, Liminal, and Narrow. The Bridge is a narrow band of solid ground straddling the gap between the infinite Sky above and the murky depths of the Under. It is wide enough for about 50 average-sized humans to stand shoulder-to-shoulder across it (the width of a modern 4-lane highway). You could walk it for a hundred years, and the only end you’d find is your own.
Whispers In The Stones: The Bridge is alive, after a fashion, and those with an ear for its voice can learn its secrets. Some may even become Stonewrights- beloved and hated keepers of old lore who can tease the magic out of disintegrating stone.
A Bridge To Elsewhere? Every now and then, something especially peculiar happens. The Under spits up something real, or things drop out of the empty Sky. Rarer still, sometimes those things are people. These strange out-of-towners claim they’re from other places; other worlds beyond the Bridge. Maybe you can find a way to travel between these various spheres?
- John Gregory - Unlawful Games - wrote for Lowcountry Crawl and Book of Gaub
- Adrian Ramos - Furtive Goblin - wrote for Book of Gaub
- Artwork by Charles Ferguson-Avery - Feral Indie Studio - created Cess and Citadel, Wyrd and Wild